Hi everyone! I’m Eleanor and I’ve worked at Adventure Experience for over a year now. Working for Adventure Experience is not like anywhere else I’ve worked previously. The company is actually fun and interesting and fun to work for and let me share why.
I started working with Adventure Experience just after I turned 18. I had very little work experience (just working a few months in a shop). I was finishing my A-levels and needed a job that didn’t take up loads of my revision time. It was perfect. Then when summer came I needed a job with more hours, yet again this job was perfect. I worked right through the summer to when I started university. I quickly learnt that university wasn’t for me and my job at Adventure Experience adapted to work around my second job rather than my schooling.
And it’s not only me who feels this way. Adventure Experience is perfect for those who have other commitments. They will work with you to find a good balance. School and university students in particular will benefit as there are more shifts available once the school holidays start. Majority of our staff are students so everyone is in the same position.
Reason I like working for Adventure Experience
- You very quickly become part of a tight knit team. You all need to work together throughout the day to keep everything running smoothly.
- You also learn a lot of skills you can use throughout your day to day life. As well as skills that are transferable to other jobs. You can quickly learn how to use a till, greet customers and work well as a team.
- It’s a great place for those still working out what they want to do for a living. It gives you an all-round experience in a range of roles.
- A lot of our staff started employment with the company while they’re in school; some are there from when they’re sixteen until they leave university. It’s very easy to become attached; the people you work with can become very close friends.
- Every day is a brand-new experience and you never get bored. You can come in one day and you’re working on the till the whole day and the next you get to spend in the sunshine chatting to customers. Just when you think you’ve seen it all, the next day is a new surprise. Love working both inside and out? Want a job that doesn’t dull? Then Adventure Experience is the place for you!
- It’s an extremely flexible place to work. You need a certain day off because of school, or even just because you’re tired. No problem.
Going into my second summer working at Adventure Experience I am looking forward to what’s ahead. This year a lot of our staff stayed on from last summer so, we’ve all got to know each other really well. We know each other’s strengths and weaknesses and how we can work best as a team. We’ve also recruited some new members of staff and they’ve become part of the team straight away.
I would definitely recommend working for Adventure Experience especially as a first job or a part time summer job. It’s a fun working environment that doesn’t feel too different from going to school every day. You’ve got people to talk to, new things to learn and managers that will make sure you’re on track to success.
So, keep an eye out this summer for any jobs going for one of our sites: Dinosaur Safari, Dinosaur Escape, Pirate Cove and Jurassic Falls. You’ll definitely enjoy becoming part of the team and we can’t wait to meet you!